In the past, I stumbled upon many interesting tools by investigating the development setups of other developers. Therefore, I thought I could also present you my setup.
I change up things sometimes, so this page will serve as a living document and a place to point curious developers to when I get asked.
- Visual Studio Code - Text editor.
- IntelliJ Ultimate - Main IDE.
- iTerm2 as terminal including Oh My Zsh with avit theme.
- Fig - Adds VSCode-style autocomplete to the terminal.
- lazygit - A simple terminal UI for git commands.
- Cascadia Code - My monospaced font.
- Firefox - My main browser.
- Postman - API development and testing.
- Enpass - Password management.
- Parallels - Windows virtualization.
- FileZilla - FTP client.
- Franz - A messaging app.
- Spotify - My music streaming service.
- Raycast - A blazingly fast and totally extendable launcher.
- Dash - An API documentation browser.
- Toggl Track - My time tracking software.
- Shottr - Free screenshot tool for Mac with premium features.
I am using a MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019) for development.
I use the Varmillo VA88M ISO-DE with clear MX switches:
I use the Logitech MX Master 2 Wireless Mouse as wireless mouse.
I am using the Bose QuietComfort 35